It is a happy one for me. The weather here in southern Wisconsin is pristine – mid 60s, clear blue skies and a wonderful light breeze. It’s the kind of weather that gives you the energy to take on a Monday, I tell ya. I hope that you’re having a beautiful Monday as well!
To make the day even better, I found this wonderful Lovely Blog Award from that sweetheart, Carol Ann who blogs her lovely photographs over at the Painted By The Sun. This on top of the perfect weather makes a girl feel really, really good! How nice of Carol Ann to send this my way. Thank you so much!
Now, as most of you know, when you win an award from a fellow blogger like this, there’s some responsibility that comes with it and I’m happy to oblige. Here’s the rules as printed on Carol Ann’s “place”:
1. Mention who gave it to you with a link back to their blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Give this award to 15 other bloggers.
4. Post the award on your blog.
So, we’re at step number 2 now – This part is always the hardest for me, but I’ll give it a shot. Here’s seven things about me:
1. I get writer’s block instantly when someone wants to me write seven things about myself.
2. There is no where I’d rather be than by the sea.
3. I’m married to a fabulous, wonderful architect husband who is about to take me on a whirlwind of a summer. It’s his busy season, and I’ll be traveling as much as possible with him this summer as he ventures out to job sites across the Midwest. Every. single week. through. September. And yes, we will be taking our 4 pets with us, as always. It’ll be like a four month vacation, right? RIGHT?
4. I’ve never seen The Wizard of Oz and I don’t want to talk about it.
5. A hacker killed my old Facebook account (and corresponding page for this blog). I have a new account, with a happier, stripped down “friends” list. I’m still not the biggest fan of Facebook, but I love that my new account only has handpicked wonderful people that add value to my life. I will not be doing a page for this blog anymore. I’m inviting you to join me there because I already know you’re one of those wonderful people. I mean, you are a blogger and/or blog reader right? You can join me on Facebook here. If you’d rather not be “friends” but would like me to follow your page, link me please!
6. I just finished reading Sophie Kinsella’s I’ve Got Your Number and loved it. If you loved her Shopaholic books, you’ll love this. This is a great beach read that’s a real page turner. I could not put it down.
7. I’ve got nothin’. The first six took me an hour to write for Pete’s sake…
Now, the fun part! Bloggers to give this award to! (You can also visit some of my favorite blogs listed in the sidebar )
1. iPhone Photographer – I have nominated David for every award I ever received when I resided at WordPress.com. And I don’t see why that would change now that I’m at WordPress.org. Plus, I might be sucking up a little to get him to go photograph Big Sur on the California coast this week. (see #2 above).
2. From The Barotlini Kitchens – John is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet in the blogosphere and I am madly in love with his blog. Go visit him and see why, this man is chock full of cooking brilliance and stories I want to read all day, everyday. I’ve learned SO much from him. He deserves his own Food Network show. Seriously.
3. Dulcet Devotion – Melanie means the whole wide world to me. Not only because she’s a foodie like me, but because she’s become a great friend. I don’t know what I’d ever do without her.
4. Yarnover.me – Knitting. Knitting. Knitting. Karen is a fun knitting source for me. We seem to have similar tastes in styles, which I love because I have a hard time finding that in the knitting world. I love reading about her knitting adventures and inspiration.
5. English Muse – Books, decor, and other beautiful things. I’ve followed Tina since 2009 and will follow her forever. I adore her and her lovely outlook on life.
6. A Beach Cottage – Blogging from a cottage by the sea in Australia, Sarah writes a blog I want to move in to. In addition to writing about her life by the sea, she posts some amazing recipes! This blog is stunning and a place I love spending time in. (see #2 in my seven things).
7. Silver Screenings – As a girl who loves old movies, this blog makes my day. The writing is outstanding, and always gives me a giggle. Love it!
8. The Complete Cookbook – Mandy is amazing. She’s one of the nicest people I’ve met in the blogosphere, and I love her bright, cheery outlook. Not to mention her mouthwatering recipes…
9. Misprinted Pages – and anything else Stephanie writes. She’s another blogger I’ve nominated for every award I’ve ever received. This girl inspires me in so many ways…
10. Just a Smidgen – Smidge has so many awards, and she deserves every one of them. Her posts are always the highlight of my day. Click on the link to be taken to her beautiful Mother’s Day post and a recipe for theeeee most amazing Crab Wonton Cups. I know this because I’ve made them.
11. Earthmuffin Adventures – Blogging over on Blogger, Alyssa is so busy, yet still finds time to write amazing, informative, entertaining posts that I always learn something from. She’s one of the most helpful bloggers I follow and I sure do appreciate her posts. Oh, and she’s from Wisconsin too!
12. Roost – This food blog is SO much fun to read. It’s a new find for me, and I can’t get enough.
13. El Train – because she makes me happy.
(I know, I owe you 2 more, but I’m running late, again)
Thank you so much Carol Ann for the award and the fun!
Have a wonderful Monday guys! I gotta run….